The Gateway Pundit reported earlier that Rep. Steve Scalise is unlikely to safe the 217 votes wanted to develop into the subsequent Speaker of the Home. Get together insiders informed Newsmax that the Louisiana congressman is anticipated to drop out of the race as early as right now.
After defeating Home Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan (R-OH) in a slim 113-99 closed-door victory, Scalise is now struggling to safe the ground votes wanted to formally take the gavel.
As The Gateway Pundit reported, Home Republicans held a closed vote on Wednesday to pick a brand new nominee for Speaker of the Home. This inner vote got here within the wake of Kevin McCarthy’s removal from the Speaker’s chair, a transfer initiated by Rep. Matt Gaetz’s Movement to Vacate the Chair.
The interior vote to appoint Scalise because the GOP candidate for Speaker was removed from a landslide. Scalise gained by a slim margin.
The Gateway Pundit reported earlier Thursday that a minimum of seven Republicans have publicly acknowledged they’ll vote for Jordan on the Home flooring.
Voting for somebody apart from Scalise: 8
- Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) — voting for Rep. Jim Jordan
- Rep. Bob Good (R-VA) — voting for Rep. Jim Jordan
- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) — voting for Rep. Jim Jordan
- Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC) — voting for Rep. Jim Jordan
- Rep. Max Miller (R-OH) — voting for Rep. Jim Jordan
- Rep. Lloyd Smucker (R-PA) — voting for Rep. Jim Jordan
- Rep. Keith Self (R-TX) — voting for Rep. Jim Jordan
- Rep. Carlos Gimenez (R-FL) — voting for Rep. Kevin McCarthy
Not but supporting Scalise and undecided: 6
- Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO)
- Rep. Michael Cloud (R-TX)
- Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY)
- Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX)
- Rep. Victoria Spartz (R-IN)
- Rep. Mike Turner (R-OH)
With Scalise’s reported withdrawal, eyes are turning againt to Rep. Jim Jordan, a founding member of the Home Freedom Caucus and a stalwart defender of conservative rules.
Rep. Tom Emmer of Minnesota and Rep. Kevin Hern of Oklahoma are additionally rising as potential candidates. Emmer, the present Majority Whip, and Hern, who leads the biggest Republican caucus on Capitol Hill, carry their very own distinctive views to the desk.
BREAKING: Newsmax stories that Rep. Steve Scalise will possible not be capable of safe 217 votes and is anticipated to drop out of the race for Speaker of the Home. pic.twitter.com/8nTDfER2Zq
— ALX (@alx) October 12, 2023