The match was known as off as a result of stormy weather circumstances and the groups have been leaving the pitch when the lightning bolt hit him.
A person in his 50s was additionally hit by the lightning and has been taken to hospital.
The information has led many to marvel what occurs when an individual is struck by lightning, what the probabilities of it occurring are, and how one can keep away from it.
What are the probabilities of being struck by lightning?
Specialists don’t fairly agree on what the chances of being struck by lightning are.
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents says 30 to 60 individuals get struck by lightning in Britain every year, which might place the chances to be lower than one in one million.
Nonetheless, some specialists recommend that it’s extra seemingly than that, with the chances being extra like one in 300,000.
Both manner, whereas the possibilities are immensely low, the frequent saying of individuals being extra more likely to be struck by lightning than to win the Nationwide Lottery jackpot is true.
What occurs should you’re struck by lightning?
If an individual is struck by lightning, they should obtain emergency medical assist as quickly as they will.
If a number of individuals have been struck, the recommendation is to take care of those that are unconscious first, as they are going to be on the biggest danger of dying.
Whereas the affected person could seem useless and don’t have any pulse or present indicators of respiration, they will nonetheless be revived with CPR. So, it will be significant for anybody who is aware of the right way to do CPR to try it instantly.
Those that have been injured by the strike however stay acutely aware may endure burns, wounds, and fractures, which medical professionals might want to deal with.
The way to keep away from being struck by lightning
- Attempt to discover an indoor shelter as quickly as you may.
- In case you are caught outdoor, keep away from open fields, the tops of hills, and ridge tops.
- Steer clear of tall, remoted timber or different tall objects.
- If there’s a group of you, unfold out to keep away from the electrical present travelling between individuals ought to the lightning strike.
- Steer clear of water, moist objects, and metallic objects, as they’ll conduct electrical energy.
- If you happen to’re in a automobile with a tough high, say inside and preserve your home windows rolled up.
- Don’t go close to small sheds and partially roofed shelters like pavilions.
- Keep away from open home windows, sinks, bathrooms, showers, electrical home equipment, and electrical energy bins, as they’ll conduct electrical energy, too.
- Don’t use landlines except it’s an absolute emergency. The place you may, go for cellphones and cordless home telephones as a substitute.